Friday, July 20, 2012

NYC in July

So I am desperately trying to play catch up on my blog so please forgive me.

For the 4th of July I went visit my sister again in NYC and stayed all weekend.

While hubby is away, this girl will play!!




Our crazy view from a rooftop in Brooklyn.


My sister had to work so I spent the day doing whatever I wanted.

I first walked around Bryant Park.


I went to the New York City Library just to see the Gutenberg Bible, the one of the oldest printed book.  It was not on display the last time I went with my friend, Leigh.  This book was printed around 1450.  My goodness, it's in perfect condition!!



I took a quick stroll in St. Patrick's Cathedral.  



I think I am happiest in Central Park!  



I visited the MOMA and saw some of the most famous pieces of art.  Here are a couple of pieces that I enjoyed experiencing in person.  

This was a Picasso.  


Salvador DalΓ­





Andy Warhol


Frida Kahlo


Claude Monet 


Van Gogh


Another, Andy Warhol 

No comments:

Post a Comment