Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Grocery... Bishop Style

 I have said it before, and I probably will say it a thousand more times, I LOVE the Bishop Arts District!!  It's such a quaint and unique neighborhood in Dallas.  Nothing compares to the newly reinvented community.  

The hubby and I were going on a date Sunday night and wanted to grab something quick before our movie because we were in a time crunch.  When the word, "SANDWICHES" caught the hubby's eyes, he immediately parked the car.

And I am so thankful that he did.  I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised by what we found inside.  



Bolsa Mercado front entrance

The store is a coffee shop, grocery and restaurant all in one.  

You can find a combination of local delights along with some your everyday food items.  


This is where you can order your sandwiches, coffee, desserts amount many other things.

The hubby is excited to frequent this place more often because a local fish market, TJ's Seafood Market, brings in fresh fish once a week.  He cannot wait to try that out!  

Check out their Facebook page to get updates on what special events they have going on, along with their nightly Dinner for Two specials.  


I picked up this soda to try while I was waiting for my food and I am now it's biggest fan!  It's 60 calories and only 4 ingredients and too sweet.  


Brace Yourselves, you are looking at the best Pimento cheese sandwhich ever!

I don't take those words lightly, either. 

This photo is deceiving, because this looks tiny, but it was huge. I am so used to eating my veggie sandwiches and then feeling unfulfilled, but I was satisfied like I had never experienced before.  I couldn't even finish it and that's saying something, because I like to eat!

Well, as you could guess, this comes highly recommended.  



Texas Theatre was the real reason we went out that night.  We visited the historic one screened theatre to catch the classic film, The Young Frankenstein.  

If you haven't been to Texas Theatre, you need to go and catch an independent film, current box office sensation or an oldie but a goodie.  

They have a bar so if you get there early or want to stay late you can grab a drink and play some Ms PacMan on the table arcade.  



3 comments:

  1. Okay so I have been to the Bishop Arts District. In fact a friend and I went a couple of weekends ago. I love it as well. Great little restaurants and great stores with great fashion. I bought a new pair of shades there and I love them. We also went to Creeshas and got some baked goods..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE take me there when I come visit. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog!! I'm a new follower. Hope you can follow back!

    Gina

    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete