Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Own Rewards

So recently, I made my own reward system.  

I wanted to reward myself for keeping up with my training for the marathon along with eating well. Because when it's all said and done, I'm the only one accountable for my goals for a healthy lifestyle.  

I love lists!  I get such a kick out of crossing a task off a list!  This is the next best thing for me!

This is the rewards board:


I have this posted on my fridge so I will see it often.  

I decided that for every 5 workout classes I attend I can get a Starbucks.  
This is so hard because there is a Starbucks at work and it is a constant temptation to walk up the stairs and get a coffee whenever I am lagging in the morning.  

For every 14 days that I eat healthy, and I go by the standards of The Whole9 I will get a cheat meal along with a new CD.  I think avoiding everyday temptations deserves two prizes!

For every 20 Miles I run:  I will decide on a prize and for my first 20 miles, I want to get a mani/pedi.  The next 20, I was thinking about eyelash extensions for my next trip. 

Have you tried eyelash extensions?   

For every 50 miles:  I want to get a massage or a facial.  This is something that I never indulge in and after hitting the pavement for 50 miles, I think I can treat myself to some pampering.  

Right now, it's averaging in the 100's in Dallas so I have been trying to get in the habit of waking up at 5:30ish am to get the those miles in before the sun comes up.  It's been a rough week, let me tell you!!


How do you keep up with your personal goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment